The Heriford House is currently looking for:
-Part time Admin Please reach out to Melissa at 573-639-1094
-Fully Licensed Clinician that aligns with our mission to help serve the people in our community. Please reach out to Melissa at 573-639-1094
Clinical Therapist Job Description
Position Overview: Clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual, family, and group therapy to patients of The Heriford House Counseling Center. Clinical therapy services include treatment of children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. We are currently looking for couples therapists or counselors who work with children, who are anti-racist, social justice minded, and ready to be a part of a dynamic, fun, and collaborative team. If you want to be part of a work family, apply!
About The Heriford House Counseling Center: Here at The Heriford House Counseling Center, we believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees and giving back to our community. Our mission is to help members of our communities reconnect with the things that are truly important and thrive, both in their own lives and in their relationships. We strive to make The Heriford House Counseling Center a down to earth practice. Our vision is to eliminate mental health stigma by creating awareness of, appreciation for, and acceptance of mental health self-care. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team who values working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Our Values: The Heriford House Counseling Center lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
Serving the community: A big part of our mission is to contribute to promoting wellness within the community through community involvement, speaking engagements, and financial contributions. It is our goal to reach more people and provide psychoeducational services to students, families and businesses through regular outreach in the community.
Creating strong relationships: Building strong, meaningful relationships is a basic need for all of us. We value building relationships within our community and helping our clients do the same. It’s also a hallmark of our business to promote strong, lasting bonds within our team and to work collaboratively both in the office and out in the community.
Invest in quality: We’re committed to providing the best atmosphere for our clients and our team. Our commitment is seen in our beautiful workspace for our employees and a comforting space for our clients. We promote continued education for our clinicians through quarterly trainings in evidence-based practices so clients can feel safe knowing their therapist is always growing in their skill.
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring clinicians of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experience of our clients. It’s also important that our office promotes a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice.
Reports to: Melissa M. Williams/Owner
· Perform on-site clinical counseling services to patients of The Heriford House Counseling Center, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
· Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
· Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for The Heriford House Counseling Center.
· Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the The Heriford House Counseling Centerwebsite. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
· Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
· Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by The Heriford House Counseling Centeror third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion (by Friday of each week). Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
· Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by The Heriford House Counseling Center.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by The Heriford House Counseling Center.
· Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of The Heriford House Counseling Center. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Align with The Heriford House Counseling Center mission, vision, and values.
· Must be punctual in reporting to work.
· Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work; and
· Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT or LPC) in the State of Missouri (must be fully licensed). A copy must be provided to The Heriford House Counseling Center.
· Available to hold at least 25 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by The Heriford House Counseling Center.
· Be organized and detail oriented.
· Be a team player.
· Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
· Prior experience in a private practice setting highly preferred.
· At least three years’ experience post-unrestricted licensure.
· Have at least one niche market for counseling services (i.e., children, teens, trauma, anxiety, grief, anger management, etc.).
· Current approval as an in-network provider with BCBS (highly preferred).
This position is not right for you if you’re:
· Someone just looking for a job to clock in and out of.
· Someone who doesn’t feel passion for our mission, vision and values.
· Someone who’s not a team player or prefers not to work collaboratively.
· Someone who doesn’t like to hop in and help others get their work done - we highly value teamwork.
The ideal person is invested in time and energy in The Heriford House Counseling Center.
This position perfect for you if you’re:
· Aligned with The Heriford House Counseling Center mission, vision, and values.
· Energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of The Heriford House Counseling Center
· Social justice oriented and practice anti-racism work.
· Creative, engaged in doing good work, and excited by furthering our mission to making wellness a down-to-earth practice.
· Able to take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.